Assistant Construction Quality Control Manager Jobs
Assistant Construction Quality Control Manager Job Overview – WI, MN, IA and MI Laboratory Jobs
Assistant Quality Control “QC” Manager is a full-time professional position in the road construction industry. Successful candidates will be team-oriented individuals that show leadership qualities as well as a desire to learn and advance their careers. Position responsibilities include the following:
Asphalt Mix Designs
- Communicates with the management team to determine asphalt mix design, starting proportions based on contract requirements, production limitations, costs, etc.
- Supervise mix design testing and submittals to ensure accuracy and timely approval.
- Coordinate collection of aggregate samples and ensure that the aggregates meet the quality requirements for the design.
- Partners with the management team with monitoring and troubleshooting production parameters such as volumetrics, gradation, etc.
- Partners with the management team with monitoring and troubleshooting placement specifications such as density, ride, etc.
- Assists the management team with risk assessments and decision-making regarding quality control results.
- Partners with the safety team and management team to develop safety strategies that serve the QC team and ensures safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates with QC Manager and construction operations to appropriately schedule QC Technicians and equipment.
- Monitors quality control and assures that the QC team are reporting results accurately and timely to contracting authorities.
- Communicates with QC Manager and Division Manager to facilitate recruiting and hiring of QC Technicians.
- Assistant Quality Control Manager is under the direct supervision of the Quality Control Manager and Division Manager.
Click here to learn more about our product laboratory and highly-specialized research facility.
Our Assistant Quality Control Managers and other laboratory professionals complete work throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.